Did you know…
- The Magna Carta was signed on an island in the river at Runnymede over 800 YEARS AGO
- In 2015, The Queen became the longest-reigning monarch: she overtook Queen Victoria who reigned for 63 years
- Windsor Castle, the oldest occupied castle in the world, was built in the 11th century
- 22 tunnels go under the River Thames
- London has more than 170 museums and over 850 art galleries
- London has the greenest city of its size in the world. Hyde Park alone covers 350 acres in the middle of the city
- London boasts the tallest isolated stone column in the world, Monument which stands at 202 Feet
- Over 300 languages are spoken in London – more than any other city in the world.
- Buckingham Palace has 775 rooms
- It is law for Royal Navy ships which enter the Port of London to provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.
- 22 Executions have taken place inside the Tower Of London
- Hampton Court was built 501 years ago
- The Queen’s Guard has guarded the official royal residences in the United Kingdom since 1660
The Latest Social Stories